Thursday, November 5, 2009

Theme Songs

Something I've caught myself doing a lot lately is putting a song to everything I see. I really became aware of this phenomenon yesterday after we had discussed character associations based on music in different movies and plays (i.e. the Harry Potter theme makes Harry come to mind, not Ron, not Hermione).
It was a weird moment when I realized I had begun to generalize people with songs. I seems like it was only yesterday...

So yesterday I was driving to my dorm and as I was turning onto the street my building resides on I noticed a guy riding his bike at a pretty quick pace (even though he was already heading downhill). As I watched him peddling I couldn't help but play the "Wicked Witch" theme in my head. I had generalized a complete stranger, because I noticed he was peddling similar to a fictional witch in a movie I haven't seen in years.

After that day long ago, I have put songs in the backdrop of almost everything I see; I even started playing Manic Monday in my head after seeing myself in the mirror after waking up... only probably is that it's Thursday (or at least it was when I originally wrote this).

Have you ever generalized or profiled someone with a song?

No comments:

Post a Comment